Make a Bird Feeder:
To make your own recycled bird feeder:
- One toilet paper roll
- One arm’s length piece of yarn
- About 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or vegetable shortening
- About 2 tablespoons of birdseed
- Optional: a popsicle stick
How to make:
- Spread vegetable shortening or peanut butter onto outside of toilet paper roll with a popsicle stick or your fingers
- Sprinkle bird seed onto a paper plate, newspaper, or other surface that can get messy and roll your toilet paper roll in the bird seed so that it sticks to and covers the outside
- Tie a piece of yarn through the toilet paper roll so you can hang your bird feeder on a tree branch or anywhere outside your house!
- Watch some winter birds fly up for a snack!